Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Carrier billing not available...

...at least for me! I have purchased apps through App World on my Z10 since February, with the carrier billing option (Rogers) and have had no problems. For the last couple of weeks, it's telling me that this option is unavailable and to try one of the other options or try later. I have rebooted, done battery pulls to no avail. I have been in contact with Rogers and they tell me it is a BB issue and not them. I don't think you can delete App World and re-install. I am reluctant to do a factory reset. Can you please help?

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Carrier billing not available...

Try this, open your BlackBerryWorld.

• Swipe down from the top bezel > Settings.
  • Touch General Settings, and you'll see Save to Memory Card and Private Browsing and then the "Refresh BlackBerry World" function. Tap the refresh.
  • BlackBerryWorld will clear the cache and close.
  • Open BlackBerry World again and try your carrier billing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks JSanders for your quick reply and help. I did exactly what you said and it's still the same. The red message at the top of the Confirm Purchase screen says: "The selected payment method is currently unavailable. Please select an alternate payment method or try again later." I also browsed the knowledge base and there is a similar problem listed there. It says that this is an issue with the carrier billing system, and yet Rogers says the problem is with the BB server!

Well, pointing fingers at each other... not uncommon.

You can always ask Rogers to escalate this for you BlackBerry technical support.

Rogers is known to not do that easily, but to tell you contact BlackBerry direct. Which you can't do.

Rogers is the triage for tech issues and the should escalate up anything they can't resolve, like this.

Call and ask, beg, demand. You are paying Rogers for tech support, and that includes esclation of issues.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks - I will get back to them.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

I am having the same issue and no one at Rogers seems to know how to fix it. The said they could escalate me to BB support but it would cost me $39.99. WTF.

Any help would be appreciated

Contributor

My last post on this was Aug 2013 - and I never did get it resolved. Somewhere along the line, I noticed that it was working again - most recently when I set up my new BB Passport in November. I made a couple of purchases. After reading the above, I decided to check for the hell of it - and can confirm that it is not working AGAIN!

Rogers is full of malarky trying to charge you for this support. I'd challenge them on that charge. YOU subscribe to these BlackBerry services and they can escalate this to BlackBerry Support at no charge.

Meanwhile, I'd also suggest to try turning off wifi connections and see if the carrier billing is available.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks JSanders - you might have hit the nail on the head with the wifi thing! When the time comes to verify the purchase, the red offending message is not there. I don't want to purchase anything right now, but I think it'll work!

Good luck... It's odd but at times there are some things that may block over Wifi that are not blocked over mobile data, sometimes your WiFi network maybe be secure enough as recognized by your carrier to process the billing.

In short... "I dunno"...

Knowledge Base Updates