Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Case Turns Off Phone

Hello, I had the same problem until I tried this: Simply carefully peeled off the black satin inside from the button of the case just enough to get to the lithium battery size magnet and You will see how easy it is..  to take it out and simply move back in place the satin and will be  like nothing happened, I hope that will solve the problem.

Manuel Gonzalez

My Device: z30
My Carrier: Vodacom

My z30 cycles while booting up at the blackberry display stage only in the case. There's no buttons touching the case so I'm also starting to wonder if this is a magnet problem
New Contributor
My Device: PRIV STV199-2
My Carrier: Verizon

My case does the same thing.   And, yes, there is a magnet in both the case and the flap. 

For those for whom it's not obvioius, the issue is using the phone with a mapping program while driving.  During the day it appears fine but not at night.  I've no idea why the amount of ambient light affects the speed with which is "locks down".  It is clearly a nusiance to have to pry the cover open with a pen while driving.  Actually I hope I have found one work-around.  it's a holder that is itself a magnet to the back of the phone that leaves the cover flapping in the breeze; blocks some of my view but still better than no directions at night!

Anyone have any solutions/switches?

New Contributor

I may have found a solution.  I was wiggling the case back and the top of the screen showed two "buttons"  Remove and Disable.   I clicked on Disable and so far the screen doesn't shut down like it used to.

I have found out where the back magnet is and will simply remove it if I have to.  Use a sizzors and move the tip around.  It's easy to locate it and it's not big.   Just in the wrong place for a BB Priv.

New Contributor

Sorry, not a soulution!  But I think if the back is not completely alligned "properly" it won't shut down.  See if there isn't a way you can hold the phone in a holder or in a hand with the back slid just 1/4"" or so left or right and the phone won't "sleep".   What a nusiance!!!   I still agree there should be a way to tell the OS to ignore that signal.......