Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Categorizing contacts problem!!!!

when i sync my contacts to my laptop and try to categorize my address book into personal or business categories, the computer does not allow me to do it. Is there a way to categorize your contacts on the laptop (windows vista) in microsoft outlook and then send the contacts back to the phone already categorized?

Thank You, John.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Categorizing contacts problem!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The blackberry does not have the ability to hold corporate and personal contacts separately. Even if you were to categorize them on the laptop when the sync is done between the two they would be in alpha order.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot3.jsp

Please let me know if this answers your question. If you need more info, please ask!

If not please take a minute, and resolve this thread, Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I understand that but when i go to a contact and right click on it, it gives me an option to categorize the contact. the problem is that the categories are all grayed out and i can not select a category for the contact. what i have categorized on the phone and then sent to the laptop shows up categorized but i can not do the same on the laptop and then send it to the phone.

Thanks John.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

What version of Outlook are you using? 2003 2007?
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor