Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9700 OS6
My Carrier: mobistar Belgiuù

Chang theme on the bold 9700 with OS6

Hi all,

I update my bold 9700 with the OS6 (official) and since than i can't change the theme's.

I can't see any theme's on my phone.......and i follow the standard steps......is this a wellnow problem?

I download the official theme from bb app world ( spring theme roots of spring) and these are normaly working for OS6.

anybody heve the same problem? what can i do?

Luc

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Chang theme on the bold 9700 with OS6

The themes for os5 are not compatible with os6, so your old themes wont work, and you need to uninstall them to clear up some meory.

The spring themes released by Blackberry are os6 compatible for the phones that came with os6 preloaded, ie. Torch 9800, Bold 9780 and Curve 3G.

Themes for 9700 os6 have not come yet because there was not much support for creating them and the Blackberry Theme Studio 6 was in beta.

Just this week, Blackberry Theme Studio 6.0 has come out of beta bringing more features and full support so now the themes should start coming in. However, there are a few themes in appworld which support 9700 os6, you have to read their description as its mentioned in the description.

Hope this helps.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
My Device: bold 9700 OS6
My Carrier: mobistar Belgiuù

hey ,

Ok thx that's explain everything :-)

Luc

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have downloded a theme by mistake thinking it will work on OS 6. But how to delete it. i can not see it so I can delete.

My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: smartphones

Re: ChangE theme on the bold 9700 with OS6

When you have themes for OS6 ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS UPGRADE IT ALSO..