Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Change Default Browser

We enable MDS browser through our BES server although we hardly utilize that capability.  Often this leads to users who have MDS set as the default when they need the regular internet browser.

I cannot find the option on the Torch (9800) to set the Default Browser Configuration as the Internet Browser rather than the BlackBerry Browser (MDS)

For earlier BlackBerries, the fix is:

1. Navigate to Options
    Note:
    On some BlackBerry's you may need to go to the Settings folder to find Options
  2. Touch Advanced Options
  3. Touch Browser
  4. On the Default Browser Configuration setting press the BlackBerry button
  5. Touch Change Option
  6. Touch the Internet Browser
  7. Press the BlackBerry button
  8. Touch Save

Please Help! 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Change Default Browser

Unlike previous BlackBerry phones, the Torch does not have an option to select various browser configurations.  The browser that comes with it is what you get.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This explains it

Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

**bleep**! That's not the answer I was hoping for. The blackberry browser really sucks compared to Opera Mini; "HEY RIM, let us pick our browser." hope they get the hint ... ah well, guess when I upgrade my phone I'll be going to a droid - too bad, everything on the Torch is a step up from my older phone, except that.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

in the article provided by Knottyrope, you have a PDF link that may help you as a BES admin.

as far as I understand things, you can configure the IT policy so that the MDS will be used only for a whitelist of websites. I guess for the other websites the MDS handles the task to the other browsers in the list (wifi then bis then bes and so on)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: