Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Change Device Software from Rogers to AT&T

I have an AT&T 8800 purchased.  I have unlocked it and I use it in Canada on the Rogers network.  I want to change the software to the Rogers Software. 

I have upgraded the OS to 4.5 using the Rogers file, but the AT&T configurations remain.  How do I switch to Rogers software/view/configuration?

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Change Device Software from Rogers to AT&T

What is the ATT configuration you speak of? The flash startup screen you see upon booting the device?

An OS upgrade/change won't change that. That screen can't be changed.

What else is on the 'configuration' you speak of?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I can live with the start up screen.

What I don't want to live with is -

*The ugly AT&T icons

*The left side button being attached to some PPT or PTT function that doesn't work here.

*The lack of the maps program on my main screen.

*everything is organized differently than what I've grown accustomed to with previous balckberries.

If its just a theme thing, please tell me where to find the common ones that most Rogers Blackberries come with by default.  If there is more to it than that, please let me know as well.

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

MrVain wrote:

I can live with the start up screen.

What I don't want to live with is -

*The ugly AT&T icons

*The left side button being attached to some PPT or PTT function that doesn't work here.

*The lack of the maps program on my main screen.

*everything is organized differently than what I've grown accustomed to with previous balckberries.

If its just a theme thing, please tell me where to find the common ones that most Rogers Blackberries come with by default.  If there is more to it than that, please let me know as well.

1.  Change Themes. You can get the theme you want for free many places, and if you want a specific Rogers theme, read here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_Add_Vendor_Locked_Themes

Other themes for free and commercial are here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/media-center/

2. On your BB > Options > Screen/Keyboard > scroll down to the convenience key options and set them as you desire.

3. Where is your Maps? In a folder? Go to it, highlight (don't the icon) and press Menu > Move and drag it up to the arrow in the folder and drop it there and then look on your main screen. (that process is according to your OS version on the device and might vary slightly).

4. Move your icons around where you've grown accustomed to them being. Scroll to the icon you want to move > Menu > Move and scroll it where you want it. I don't know how your previous device looked, so move them all around to what you want.

Good luck.

Message Edited by JSanders on 03-26-2009 05:45 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code