Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Change Free app to Paid App

[ Edited ]

Can I change the my free application to paid application in vendor portal?

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Change Free app to Paid App

From the Vendor portal click manage products on the left & click the pencil icon application that you want to go paid.  That should bring you to the product info page, about half way down there is a price option with varios options to choose from, you can also edit the description of your app on the description tab  once you're finished editing click save & the changes will be submitted for approval which can take a few days

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

I did as you say but there is no option to change price from free to paid in product info page.

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10 & Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

There is no way for you as a vendor to change from Free to Paid.  You can Change the price of a Paid app all you wnat and go from Paid to Free, but nto Free to Paid.  Blackberry has the power to do this for you, and if you e-mail vendor support and give a good supporting argument they may change it for you.  Although, keep in mind if you do chagne it any users who downloaded it when it was free will be forced to pay if you submit and update once the price is changed.

Playbook Apps:
Touch Painter, LinkShrink

BB10 Apps:
NoteToSelf , LinkShrink
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Because of the restrictions noted by others above, you may be best off simply creating a new product in the vendor portal, and configuring that to be a paid version of the same app. Depending on your goals with this, that might suit you just fine, and it's technically simpler than any alternative.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!