Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Change default Email account

I have several Email accounts, setup on my Torch 9800. When I first set them up, one of them was inadvertently set as the "default" account. Can anyone please tell me, how I might change which Email account works as the "default"?

[I added this question in another post on a slightly different (but still related) issue. I thought I'd better make a separate post; hence this message.]

Thanks for the help!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Change default Email account

On your Torch > Options > Device > Advanced > Default Services... select the email account you want as the default when sending email.

NOW, that said, there are certain exceptions to that if you have more than one email account configured to the BlackBerry.... The BlackBerry will ALWAYS remember the last email account used to send a contact mail.

So, if you used Email1 in the past to email Joe Schmoe, the next time you CREATE a new email to Joe, your BB will default the Email1 as the 'send using', and you can change that in the header of the newly to created email to Email2.

Any emails to which you reply will ALWAYS use to reply, the account in which was sent. That cannot be changed.

The workaround to this -- if you want to reply under a different email account, is to FORWARD the email to the user, and type in their name and change the SEND USING in the header of the email.

That help?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code