Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Change language from Chinese to English

Someone managed to change my Blackberry Bold language to Chinese and I have no idea how to change it back to English as everything is now in Chinese! Any ideas on how to get it back to English please? Any help would be much appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Change language from Chinese to English

what device do you have?, the options change from device to device

My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

RMT6503 wrote:

Someone managed to change my Blackberry Bold language to Chinese and I have no idea how to change it back to English as everything is now in Chinese! Any ideas on how to get it back to English please? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'll do what I can... here are the instructions for a 9900 with OS7.0.

1. from the home screen, navigate through the panes and folders to find the wrench icon (grey one, diagonal from top left corner to bottom right corner). Click on it, it is the Options. you get to the Options screen.
  2. from top to bottom : sounds icon (speaker), Networks icon (a cellular antenna with green waves), Display icon (electric blue, square icon, with an hour in it, and 4 white circles that materialize a horizontal line), and finally the typing & lang icon (a keyboard). Click on it, you get to the "Typing and Language" screen.
  3. first icon is "Language and Method" : a speech bubble with a world globe in it. Click on it. You get to the Language and Method screen.
  4. the first line is "Display Language", the drop down menu is the one that enables you to choose English. you are maybe looking for those ideograms :

•  英语
  5. 英国的
  6. 美国的
  7. 英語
  8. 英国の
  9. アメリカン

(ok I messed up the layout, bear with me).

good luck.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks. That resolved the problem. Much appreciated.