Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650 Bold (OS 6)
My Carrier: Verizon

Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

I have my work emails fed to my Bold and all has worked well until today - when I was required by my trusty employer to update my Outlook password. As I have tried to follow the instructions from Blackberry (the "verify blahblah@blahblah.com" form message), I have gotten stuck in a loop.

I go to "Setup" -> "Email account" and click on it.

This takes me to "Email Accounts" where I choose option "Internet Mail Account" (it is not an Enterprise account).  Click.

Now I am back at the previous screen.  This loop is nauseatingly repeatable.

I have also noticed that, I can really lock up my phone depending on how I exit the Setup app.  Battery removing time.

OK, so I have also been trying to simply remove the email account altogether and have been stymied at that as well.  I went to the folder for the Outlook emails, chose "Options" then "Email Account Management".  And I always get this popup:  "Unable to open email setup application.  Contact your wireless service provider."  Meanwhile, and just for clarification, the other email account (Yahoo) is still receiving mail -- got one while I've been typing this.

Thus I cannot get to the settings to change the account/password, and I cannot just delete the account outright.  So far as I know.  Is there a third way to resolve my problem? Suggestions?

Thanks to all, in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

I forgot to say:  OS 6.0, bundle 2333.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

Update: I went to a Verizon store and they used a workaround for the problem. I never found a standalone remedy.