Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9650 Bold (OS 6)
My Carrier: Verizon

Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

I have my work emails fed to my Bold and all has worked well until today - when I was required by my trusty employer to update my Outlook password. As I have tried to follow the instructions from Blackberry (the "verify blahblah@blahblah.com" form message), I have gotten stuck in a loop.

I go to "Setup" -> "Email account" and click on it.

This takes me to "Email Accounts" where I choose option "Internet Mail Account" (it is not an Enterprise account).  Click.

Now I am back at the previous screen.  This loop is nauseatingly repeatable.

I have also noticed that, I can really lock up my phone depending on how I exit the Setup app.  Battery removing time.

OK, so I have also been trying to simply remove the email account altogether and have been stymied at that as well.  I went to the folder for the Outlook emails, chose "Options" then "Email Account Management".  And I always get this popup:  "Unable to open email setup application.  Contact your wireless service provider."  Meanwhile, and just for clarification, the other email account (Yahoo) is still receiving mail -- got one while I've been typing this.

Thus I cannot get to the settings to change the account/password, and I cannot just delete the account outright.  So far as I know.  Is there a third way to resolve my problem? Suggestions?

Thanks to all, in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

I forgot to say:  OS 6.0, bundle 2333.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Changed password on email feed, stuck in loop

Update: I went to a Verizon store and they used a workaround for the problem. I never found a standalone remedy.