Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Changing Blackberry Contacts Sync options

I'm having the same issue. My contacts are all currently under my Hotmail account, and I want to change them to my Gmail account. Surely there is a way to do this?

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: vodacom

I'm having exactly the same problem!! Me and fiancee swopped phones and now the contact synchronizing email is his email! I've tried EVERYTHING but can't seem to change it!!! Any advice ANYONE?
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers/Fido

ive been waiting forever for an answer..... lol

My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Try to do this...

First of all, back up all of ur contact.

Then go to Contact, press BB then choose OPTION and type RSET (this will delete all of ur contact) and choose YES.

Now u see that ur contact is empty.

After that u can restore ur contact that u backed up before and sync with ur preferred email.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Hi all,

I have found a work around for this, go to Set-up, Email Settings, login into your BIS. Go to the email you want to remove from the Contact Sync, highlight it, press Menu, Edit, scroll down to Synchronization Options, highlight Contacts, untick the check box. Do this for every Gmail you have on your BIS, leave the check mark only on the email you want to sync with.

Now to delete your contacts from the BlackBerry, restore the contacts and they should be re-sync to the correct email address.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: XL Star

ekung21 wrote:

ive been waiting forever for an answer..... lol

Hi,

Your last post was in 2010, that's a very long time indeed.

I have Bold 9900 too, and had exactly the same kind of problem: my Contacts book had only one Contacts List (SYNC)  on one email. Couldn't change it at first try, but I figured it out by using simple steps:

1. Go to Email Accounts at the Setup homescreen, and edit that annoying email account that you don't want to be sync with your BlackBerry phone's Contacts book. Under the Synchronization Options, uncheck the Contacts tick-box there, then tap Save and go back to the Email Accounts main page.
  2. Tap on another email account that you want your contacts to be synced with, repeat the above process but this time check the Contacts tick-box and then tap Save.
  3. Still at the Email Accounts main page, press BlackBerry menu button and tap Service Books. Lastly, tap on the Send Service Books option on screen.
  4. Go to Options of your BlackBerry phone (I'm using OS v7.1), tap on Device, go to Advanced System Settings and tap on it, choose Default Services, on Contact List (SYNC) drop-down option now there are email accounts (one is that last email account you've just set up), pick one email you want to be synced with your Contacts book.

That's it.

I'm still testing the result, so far I haven't receive my Contacts at the email I want it to be synced with, but at least those Contacts is no longer synced with the previous email I don't want.

Let me know if you're having more success than I do.

Cheers!

Life without expectations is not worth living for..
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Please HELP TRIED EVERYTHING nothing happens 

HOW to change default contacs sync 

i have no drop dow noptions 

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telus

This issue became moot for me as I now have a Z10. Thanks for the advice though...hopefully it helps other people!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: XL Star

polgara59 wrote:
This issue became moot for me as I now have a Z10. Thanks for the advice though...hopefully it helps other people!

Lucky you, I'm waiting for the Q10 to make the leap.

Life without expectations is not worth living for..