Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Virgin

Changing Blackberry ID

The Blackberry ID email address is incorrect on my phone and I am unable to change it using the instructions given by this website as well as my provider.  A new password is being resent to an email address that does not exist.  How do I change this ID?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Changing Blackberry ID

If the email address does not exist or you no longer have access to it you cannot change it. You will need to create a new BBID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Yes there no way of you getting that email with the password reset link but you can check out http://bbid.com to create a new one!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks for the information.  I have now changed the BB ID but when I enter this into my BB it tells me to change the user name on the BB.  Not sure how I do this.  It is not letting me access until I perform this task.

Appreciate your help.

D.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

DebandGuy wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I have now changed the BB ID but when I enter this into my BB it tells me to change the user name on the BB.  Not sure how I do this.  It is not letting me access until I perform this task.

Hello DebanGuy

On your BlackBerry 9220 first you have to perform a Security wipe and then it will allow you to enter those new BlackBerry ID crediantial on your BlackBerry .

So first do a backup of your device using desktop software then perform a security wipe , for help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

After a wipe you can use your new BlackBerry ID .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.