Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Changing Profiles

I searched the forums briefly before asking this question.

Does the 8310 (or any other Blackberry model) have a feature where it will change your profile to Vibrate or Quiet automatically when you're in a meeting or during any appointment where Show Time As is set to Busy?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Changing Profiles

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

The easiest thing to to is to put your phone in standy, by pressing and holding  the mute button on the top left of your phone.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudo's start.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I don't mean to step on any toes here so correct me if I'm wrong. But putting the phone in standby doesn't effect the profile ringer. May I suggest you click on options and then screen/keyboard. Scroll down and change one of the side convenience keys to "profiles". Click the back key to save. This way you can quickly change your phone to quiet or silent without having to find the icon.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

I was hoping for something a bit more automated, but this will work.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Oooh! I like that better! Thanks!

Hi

I am trying to follow your instructions for applying 'profiles' to the convenience key.  However, when I go into the menu, I see 'profiles (quiet)' or 'profiles (normal)' or whichever prfile is active at that point.  That simply assigns the sub-menu for that specific profile rather than the profile menu itself.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There is a new app called Profiler from ToySoft that does exactly this.  I've been beta testing it for the last few weeks and it works quite well.  You can get it here:

http://www.toysoft.ca/profiler.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

To change the function of your side convenience keys click on your options icon and then select screen/keyboard. Scroll down and you will see the left and right convenience keys. Just change one of them to profiles. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Hi Lorrie

Thanks - I am doing exactly that.  However, when screen/keyboard and choose either right or left convenience keys I can't select 'profiles' I can only select 'profiles (quiet)'.  If I do that the convenience button takes me into the quiet profile (ie selction of options for that profile) not the list of profiles itself.

Thanks

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III

Ok bumblin. I think I've got it all figured out. When I change my convenience key to profiles, my choice looks like this. Profiles (loud). Because that it what I have my profile set to. So I back out and save and went to my home screen I pushed the right side key and the options to change my ringer in my loud profile showed up. Probably because this is where I last left me profile opened to. So I used the back key next to my trackball to back all the way out the the profile icon. Then I clicked the right side key again and my list of profiles showed up properly. Please try that and see if it helps. Or if I didn't make any sense please let me know and I will try to explain better.