Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Changing the icons that show up on the home screen

[ Edited ]

Hello all:

A brand new owner of the 9000.

I got three questions for you gurus:

1)  Is there any way I can pick and choose which icons show up on the home screen, so that I don't have to hit the MENU button and then scroll to get to the ones I use regularly...??

2)  ATT (in the US) is making asking me for a username and password when I try to log into att.com/blackberrystart.  I have already set up an private, non-Exchange, "external" email (bob@mydomain.com) on my phone but evidently I cannot use that to log into this site.  Any one have any idea as to what is going on?

3)  Even though I can send emails out using this bob@mydomain.com account from the Bold, what do I need to do to RECEIVE emails to the bob@mydomain.com account using POP??

Any help with these three questions will be fantastic.

Thanx in advance.

--d.

Message Edited by driven13 on 01-08-2009 02:33 AM
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Changing the icons that show up on the home screen

You can hide the ones you no longer want to see. Just ALT+click the trackball on ones you don't want to see and choose Hide. With the default theme only the top row of icons will be visible without hitting the menu button.

Check out this post for other sites that have additional themes you can install

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=1065

When you go into the AT&T BIS page did you go into the "Create New Account" first? You can to create an account to access the site. After you create an account you can access the Email Accounts sections to setup your email account to the BlackBerry.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Hey jmrmb80:

Thanx for the reply.  I did as per your instructions for #1 and it worked out fine.  Just so that you know, the latest Bold has a MOVE option too, so I just moved the icons I use most to the top row.

For #2, when I go the ATT/Blackberry site and try to sign up for a New Account, this is what it tells me:

"An account already exists for this PIN"

But this is a brand new phone and I have never registered nor used a blackberry before.

Then I tried to retrieve the password using the "Forgot Password" link and got a message:

"You asked to have your password sent to your device.

user name and password don't exist. please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service"

Any idea what is going on and how I can solve it?

Indebted to you.

--d.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Where you get the Blackberry Bold, in att?

Call ATT customer center and ask for the user and password assigned to your pin number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

Thank you to both of your for your time and answers.

Exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

--d.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: tmobile

It is still not what I am looking for I can only see on icon on at a time and I want to see them all. Then my browser goes up and down when I want to see all of my icons at once. Some can help me.