Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Changing to a new device

My phone isn't working very well, so my provider is going to trade it for me.  I need to back up my info.  I downloaded the desktop software, and downloaded my info/files, but it asked me to attach the new device right away to complete the data transfer.  I can't do this because they will trade it in the store, so I won't ever have both phones at the same time.

Is there a way to hook up the new phone at a later time and get desktop software to download the info to the device?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Changing to a new device

Hello EricaR

Follow these instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23677

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Changing to a new device

EricaR wrote:

My phone isn't working very well, so my provider is going to trade it for me.  I need to back up my info.  I downloaded the desktop software, and downloaded my info/files, but it asked me to attach the new device right away to complete the data transfer.  I can't do this because they will trade it in the store, so I won't ever have both phones at the same time.

Is there a way to hook up the new phone at a later time and get desktop software to download the info to the device?

Hi EricaR

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Currently if you don't have your new device then first perform a full backup of your old device using desktop software :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once you have your backup then when you recieve your new BlackBerry you can refer to this Knowledge base and follow # task 2 to transfer your data to your new device .

KB03953  :How to back up and restore data to a new BlackBerry smartphone

I hope it will help.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.