Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Charging 9700

Try charging my phone using the a/c adapter.  No go.  I try charging it via USB with the a/c adapter no go.  I have to charge it via my PC or laptop with the USB.  My battery may last 5 hrs.  My battery is brand new sent to me by my carrier.  Does my actual phone need charging and not the battery? or does charging the battery also charge the phone?

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Charging 9700

There is no "phone charging" without the battery... the device itself without a battery has an on-device battery for keeping a charge to the ram.

Are you using an OEM charger for the AC outlets?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

No I'm not using an OEM charger.  It's the one that came with my phone when it was purchased from my carrier. 

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If it came in the box with the device,... that is OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm sorry.  Then yes.  I'm using the OEM.

I never had this problem with my Curve 8900.  I'm just going back to my old phone.  Now I have to take pictures with the flash off or the pictures come out dark and on top of that now the freakin' charging pod doesn't even charge the phone.  I just hate the 8900 is not 3G still running EDGE.  I rather do that then fool with this!.  Thanks for taking the time out to answer.  This has been going on for 5 weeks.  I give up!