Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Charging Dock - Cool but possible issues?

Whenever I lay my phone on the charging dock, it either goes to clock mode (and does not dim), or goes to clock mode, dims for awhile, then goes to my wallpaper and stays on (does not dim nor screen shut down), or goes to clock mode, dims, then shuts down the screen.  I've tried different settings, and as you can see, results in different modes.  I want to be able to have it on dimmed clock mode, UNTIL I PICK up the phone in the morning, but I just can't seem to be able to do this.  Is it possible that once the battery is charged fully, that it is no longer in the "charge" mode so the clock mode setting changes to "non-charging" mode?  If so, is there a way to go around this so that I can have my phone on clock mode until it is picked up from the dock?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Charging Dock - Cool but possible issues?

Did you try putting the phone in bedside mode? Click the clockface in the resulting menu choose "Enter Bedside Mode" This has worked for me.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

What dock are you guys using?  I have been looking for a good dock to use but i dont know where to get one or which one to use.  How much do they cost?  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

[ Edited ]

RCody - Yes, I've tried that.  Didn't seem to work.

TProfit - I bought mine from Verizon website.  Free overnite shipping!  (I did get mine the very next day).

And I must say I was very pleased with the design. It is very sturdy and a bit heavy - both good things.

The alarm clock mode makes it really look like an alarm clock! -- now...only if I could get my blackberry to stay on the alarm clock mode*sigh*...

It is also quite "elegant" looking if you will.  For the price they offer, I think it's a great deal, considering some of

the holsters & protectors that feel cheap are more expensive than this.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=10848

The only negative side to this charger (but I guess that's to be expected with a charger like this) is that you have to take off any sleeves or covers that you have on your phone - it won't fit in the charger with it on.  Phone must go in naked.
Message Edited by TrojanBerry on 12-02-2008 11:36 AM
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Oh cool, thanks for the info.  I may have to go and check that out.  I have a desktop charger/sync cradle for my Palm now on my desk and i'm looking to find something that will replace that for my new storm.

Not too happy about the storm having to be naked while in the cradle though.  I have one of those condoms for mine and I'd hate to have to keep putting in on every night.