Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Chinese Character

I am a new user of Blackberry 8300, actually the handheld was a gift from my colleague which she

bought in Europe, I have chosen the mobile/internet service from Hutchison 3 company for both

mobile phone and e-mail connection, everything is working properly except the e-mail description

cannot be displayed or shown in Chinese Character, I've been seeking for the help of the Hutchison

people as well as download the relevant softwear, follow the guideline of the installation process, the

situation remained the same, the Chinese Character still displayed in black square dots.

The question is, if the hand held was not from the local dealer, it cannot be changed to Chinese language?

Second is, where can I find the software installation or hand held modification for Chinese version.

Third, I found the new Blackberry 3G hend held on some websites and magazines, when you are going to

launch theses models?

Thanks!

Kenneth. (Kmcchan)

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Chinese Character

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Go to OPTIONS - LANGUAGE  see if Chinese is an option if so, you can select it.

If its not there then download the multilingual device software pack from your carrier download site. Install that in your PC and with the help of application manager install the required pack in your device.

We are not employees of Blackberry, just users of the devices. I don't know when the new devices will be released.

Please let me know if this answers your question!

If so, please take a minute and resolve the post using the options over the kudo's star.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]
Answer to your Third question...BlackBerry Bold is officially available with -
  • Rogers, Canada
  • Optus, Australia
  • Movistar, Ecuador
  • Turkcell, Turkey

AT&T and Singtel is going to launch Bold very soon!

Message Edited by tanzim on 08-25-2008 12:50 AM

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

kmcchan wrote:

Second is, where can I find the software installation or hand held modification for Chinese version.

Hello,

you can try and use the OS from a Honk Kong carrier like this one : as usual, caveats apply with vendor.xml and so on.
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=EEFC9E10EBDC4A2333B42B2DBB8F27B6

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Can I use 8310/8320 BB device software for my 8330?
Guru I

windtower wrote:
Can I use 8310/8320 BB device software for my 8330?
you can't.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi ! I am a new user of Blackberry Curve 8320. I bought my blackberry in my country but now I'm not in my country again,because I have to continue my study abroad. The problem is Chinese Language isn't provided in my BB, however I need to write and read chinese here. I've already downloaded a software which was suggested by my friend, :

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.174 (EastAsia) File Name: 8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124_CSL.exe Download Size: 87.993 MB Language: English Published Date: 01/30/2009

I've already sent the SetUp Launcher to my BB by USB cable data,,but I couldn't find the software after I unplugged the USB cable in my BB, the question is after downloading the software, actually what must I do?

thank u,,

Guru I

misspola wrote:

Hi ! I am a new user of Blackberry Curve 8320. I bought my blackberry in my country but now I'm not in my country again,because I have to continue my study abroad. The problem is Chinese Language isn't provided in my BB, however I need to write and read chinese here. I've already downloaded a software which was suggested by my friend, :

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.174 (EastAsia) File Name: 8320EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124_CSL.exe Download Size: 87.993 MB Language: English Published Date: 01/30/2009

I've already sent the SetUp Launcher to my BB by USB cable data,,but I couldn't find the software after I unplugged the USB cable in my BB, the question is after downloading the software, actually what must I do?

thank u,,

1. install Desktop Manager without Media Manager on your PC
  2. install the handheld software 4.5.0.174 on your PC (it will install inside the Desktop Manager)
  3. seaarch for a file called vendor.xml and rename it to vendor.xml.toto or anything else
  4. plug your BlackBerry device to the PC, and launch the Desktop Manager
  5. in the application section, you can see the OS of 2) and install it to your BlackBerry device.

Naturally, before doing 5) I strongly advise you to make a back-up of the content of yout BlackBerry.

I bought a used BB 8320 to ship to China for my girlfriend but it didn't come with the Chinese language pack.
XandreX was kind of to show me this:
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Choose the Hong Kong CSL Limited option, then select your model number, then the software pachage you need--in this case the East Asia Languiage pack.

How I am going to install this is still a mystery as I have no idea how any of this BB software works.

Guru I

americangothic wrote:

How I am going to install this is still a mystery as I have no idea how any of this BB software works.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...