Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Chinese Input (Pinyin) on Blackberry Tour 9630

I have an unlocked Blackberry Tour purchased and unlocked by Verizon Wireless in the states.  I use it with China Mobile SIM in Shanghai and am trying to install Chinese input method on my phone.  By default the phone only comes with English and Portugese (useless!) language packs.

Is there a way to install the East Asian Language Support packs on the phone without some jerry-rigged hack that involves installing another model's OS?

Also, does anyone else's phone sometimes reject the SIM requiring a complete restart of the phone? 

New Contributor

Re: Chinese Input (Pinyin) on Blackberry Tour 9630

1.3 billion people would love to be able to use pinyin on their blackberry 9630s.

Thanks everyone,

flymolo 

Contributor

Yes indeed so many people need input by using chinese pin yin meanwhile I've seen BB sold in HK they do have input with chinese pin yin  can anybody help to solve this case or perhaps R.I.M. will support it?

New Contributor

Does anyone have an answer to this problem?  Maybe perhaps a RIM employee would like to help?  So far I have been very disappointed with RIM customer service (or the absolute lack theirof) which leads me to believe that perhaps I should have bought an iPhone or Android phone. 

I'll be sure to tell my friends and family to do the same. 

Highlighted

Yes, it can be done. I have it working for over a week now. I have eight different types of Chinese input methods (pinyin, wubi.......). I downloaded this firmware 9630EastAsia_PBr4.7.1_rel117_PL4.1.0.75_A4.7.1.61_TATA_INDICOM___CDMA.exe, extract the CLK and JAVA directories, then load into my Tour.

The trick is this firmware did caused my Tour to panic after reboot. It was a black screen with "App 200 error". I then followed the http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/help-omg-app-200-error-i-can-t-reset-202479/ to recover my Tour. Then I simply "downgrade" everything to my original firmware and leaving the chinese input alone.