Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cleanly "Starting Over" with the Desktop Software (non-BES)

In the worst of the worst cases, I've heard that rebuilding the Windows Installation can resolve it. Very rare, but not impossible. Windows remains an open architecture, and hence bad things can still happen within. Hopefully that's not necessary for you, but all that is known is already posted herein.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: BT mobile

Well, I'm back at last! My BB crashed and had to go to hospital, now restored with a new PIN.

I'm now getting an additional message "The organiser applications on your computer aren't supported" although Outlook 2003 is indeed o nthe list of supported aplications. Could this be the result of one of Microsoft's famous updates for Office 2003?

I've lost count of the "clean uninstall and reinstaals" I've done. I've even tracked down a copy of 700_b030_multilanguage.exe at hotfile.com but that wasn't any better.

I'm still stuck and frustrated at being unable to synchronise my data, which used to be one of the reasons for owning a BB.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Welcome back!

Sawbones wrote:

I'm now getting an additional message "The organiser applications on your computer aren't supported" although Outlook 2003 is indeed o nthe list of supported aplications. Could this be the result of one of Microsoft's famous updates for Office 2003?

That is very odd...refer:

• KB12268 Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

So I'm at a loss as to why you are receiving that message. Perhaps you have more than one version of Outlook installed? Again, very rare, but I've heard of that situation causing the Desktop Software to be confused and result as you describe.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: BT mobile

I think I need to apologise to BlackBerry and to Microsoft.

Having had an insoluble problem with BBDTS v7.1, I tracked down a copy of v7.0

It didn't work, either, so I must conclude that this is not a problem resulting from changes made to v7.1, ie nothing that BlackBerry have done wrong.

Having made a fresh install of Windows XP_SP3 and Office 2003 with the 2007 translators, I installed the latest version of BBDTS v7.1 and it all worked perfectly.

Then I did the Windows and Office updates (sequentially so as to see if any identifiable update caused a problem) and all remains working just as it should after the final patch has been applied.

I can therefore only conclude that there's nothing at all wrong with BBDTS v7.1, nor with MS Windows XP, Office nor their updates.

I am left with the unhappy presumption that there must have been a corruption of something somewhere in the system installation which caused the problem. Just bad luck, nobody's fault.

By the way, I've made a back-up clone of the working installation in order to save a lot of effort next time it happens!

I hope this offers some clarificcation to others.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Insoluble?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9790
My Carrier: cellc

Thanks everyone. I got it up and running again your advise worked well. Only thing now is my BB 9790 won't store music videos and pics from email to media card maybe a glitch on the phone. Can anyone help. Regards Bill
Hall of Famer III

smallass57 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I got it up and running again your advise worked well. Only thing now is my BB 9790 won't store music videos and pics from email to media card maybe a glitch on the phone. Can anyone help. Regards Bill

Hello -- different topic...please open a new thread for that. Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have OS 6.0.3.5.8 installed on my 9700 bold. The BB desktop version was 6.0.2.44. Everything worked well until I installed Blackberry modem and usb drivers 7.1.  Now I can only run BBSAK. I'm working on getting the desktop manger back in order by following the clean install process.

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

After I removed all Blackberry applications and deleting the Rim files in the registry, I reinstalled BBDevMngr, and OS 6.0.0.3.5.8 software. I didn't touch anything named Puma and  I didn't remove the vendor.xml file yet. Desktop manager now displays my phone's installed software and I can synch and ran a back up. Only two things are different. The Wifi and Music synch icons fail to appear on the DTM. But in essence the instructions did the trick.