Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Clear an un-installed app

Using a 9530 Storm. I downloaded Google Maps. The first screen asks to Allow or Deny access to the locator. In addition, it has a tick box  for 'Do not ask again'. Well...I was told that if you do not use the locator, Google maps would use tower coordinates so I chose Deny and I checked 'Do not ask again'. There is no warning that Google Maps will not work without locator on...and since I checked to not ask again, when I try to run it, I get a popup saying that the app cannot run since the locator is off. The app then terminates.

I tried uninstalling adn re-installing but it reacts the same. Apparently, even tho it uninstalls, there must be a registry-type setting that retains the info so I cannot get Maps to run. 

Does anyone know a way to completely purge an uninstalled app?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Clear an un-installed app

usually with Google applications for BlackBerry, you are required to restart your device (battery pull). Did you do that between the uninstallation of the application and the installation ?

besides, usually you can :
1) open the BlackBerry Maps application
2) acquire the satellites
3) launch Google Maps

and then Google Maps will be able to grab the satellite connection.

you shouldn't have to do steps 1 and 2 (Google released a patch just for that), but that is what I have to do to activate MyLocation in Google Maps on my 9530.

HTH

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: