Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Client Side Certificate support ?

Installed a certificate onto the blackberry device using the blackberry desktop manager. The certificate is listed under Settings -> Options -> Security Options -> Certificates on the device. However when trying to access a secured site on the blackberry, it gives the following error: 'The connection requested a client certificate for authentication. One could not be found on the device. Would you like to continue...' I select yes, and it gives me another error: Unable to connect using the current security settings. Please contact your service provider.

I want to confirm that this client side authentication is supported on the blackberry and second of all find out why it is not recognizing that there is a certificate installed on the device.

Thanks.

Visitor
My Device: 8310

Re: Client Side Certificate support ?

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever discover the solution?
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem. What is going on with the Blackberry advisors?

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Software Engineer

I'm having the same problem can any body please solve this and provide us solution.

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: 2063103963

Me too - and still no reply on this thread.

Contributor

Hello ......... RIM - anyone home ..... ?

Contributor

Still no reply.  RIM .... ?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Well...firstly...as a user-to-user community, no formal responses from RIM should ever be expected here. This site is not a channel for user-to/from-RIM communications but, rather, for user-to-user attempts to help others out as best possible. Given the lack of response, it would sound like a rather unique situation that no one else has much to offer for.

That said, have you searched the public KBs? There are many that document different things concerning certificates, and perhaps one may hold the answer you need. You can search them here:

To receive any formal (for free) support from RIM, one must be escalated from their carrier, original place of purchase, authorized service center, or other entity as dictated by the formal support mechanism that you are subject to as part of your specific contract for services and devices. RIM does not provide any support direct to end users for free, and this even includes warranty issues. So, escalation from the contractually-require front-line entity is what would be required to receive any formal support from RIM (for free).

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

So, all in all, I can only wish you Good Luck as I have nothing specifically on point to offer you, but I wanted some response to be posted since you have been, to date, having no luck with that.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks much.  I have consulted a zillion places on this and have even contacted RIM (we're a paid-up development partner).  So far no luck.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Wow...with your contacts into RIM, I certainly should think that you would be able to get help from them. But, "no luck" doesn't really say if they've ignored you, taken your question and not given an answer yet, thrown up their hands in frustration and given up, refused to even answer, given you answers that were useless, or something else. But, in any event, it would seem to me that your best approach is formal escalation via the channels you have.

Good luck in any event!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................