Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Company email through exchange

I have tried every way possible to get my storm 2 to activate with my company email and will not connect?  Why?  I talked with my IT department and they have supplied us with all the information.  It wants an exchange URL, and I have provided that URL for outlook web access and the server and will not accept it.

My IT does not have an answer and neither does Verizon.

What's UP

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Company email through exchange

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To clarify your situation, please clarify if this is OWA via BIS or if it is BES? From what you say, I can perhaps guess both.

If it is BES (but NOT BES-X), then check with your mobile service provider to be sure that you have a full BES-level data plan and continue working with your BES admins and your carrier to get this working.

On the other hand, if this is OWA via BIS, then in my experience, OWA can be very difficult to configure via the device interface to BIS (Setup > Email Settings). In my case, I was never successful via the device interface. Rather, I needed to use a PC/browser and log into my carriers web interface to BIS...you can find yours via this portal:

You will have to create credentials for BIS -- I found the simplest way to do that actually via the device interface...create the credentials there, then they will already be configured on your carriers BIS website (from the above link) for your use from a PC/browser.

Now, use the link above (from a PC/browser) and log into your carriers BIS website (using the credentials you created on your device interface). Then very carefully follow the instructions in this KB to configure BIS for your OWA email. Go very slowly and do each and every step carefully...especially the mailbox name...that's usually the trickiest and most crucial.

Here are some other links that might prove helpful:

• KB18567 BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
  • KB02858 Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

That all said, it is still possible that it won't work. There are scenarios where OWA admins have done one of two things:

1. Implemented ISA -- this prevents BIS from integrating the account
  2. Blocked, in their firewall, the ability for the BIS servers to access the email server

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................