Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Compatibility Question --

I recently bought a HP Pavilion DV6810 which runs on MS Vista and has MS Home Premium -SP1 on it.  I have windows Calendar but I do NOT have Office or Outlook on it.

I also bought a Blackberry Curve.  I am trying to synch the two.  I can get my Blackberry to talk to my computer but I cannot get the Blackberry Desktop to synch anything, Calendar, Contact - nothing.

I am trying to determine if it is possible.  If not, do I need to buy MS Outlook?  If so, thats around $300 which is a ton of money.  Is there a easier way or less expensive.

FYI -- I do not have internet service on my Blackberry.  I do not need it.  I am trying to accomplish what I had with my DELL PDA, which is, I use the task, calendar and contacts extensively on my computer.  I want to use the phone as I did the PDA, which is I can make entries on the phone while I am away from the computer and make entries on my computer when I am home and just sync them once a day so that they correspond.

Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Re: Compatibility Question --

In order to Sync things like a calendar, you will need access to Outlook itself. Though, there is a Google Sync that I ran accross, but, have not tried yet to see what or how it works. I would imagine that you would need internet access on your Blackberry to be able to sync it to their calendar online.
New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com