Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange F

Compatibility with iCloud: when?

As has already been noted here and elsewhere, it's impossible to sync between iCloud (contacts, iCal, tasks) and Blackberry.

This is a major problem for me and I do hope BB will update the software soon.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Priv, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: Compatibility with iCloud: when?

Well, as viciousferret has posted, BB is indeed "aware of the problem and working on it".

The problem comes from the fact that this "iCloud migration process" has removed the local data files from the computer to the "cloud".

This logically creates problem to the BB desktop software of course.

The only workaround for the moment is to repatriate / recreate local files from backups (if available for the calendars) and to switch off iCloud temporarily in the system settings. For the contacts, you can choose to keep them on the Mac when unchecking them in the iCloud control panel.

For the calendars it is not the case unfortunately. From there the need to have backups available.

For the contacts at least this solves the problem with BB desktop software ... for the moment.

Of course, you "lose" the iCloud functionality while doing this. Smiley Sad

Nothing is simple, isn't it?

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange F

Thanks for your reply—I actually found an easier workaround. In Address Book, if you select your Mac as the default location for contacts, you can then copy all of your contacts onto the local disk. Of course, this creates duplicates of everything. But you can then perform a sync which works correctly. After the sync, you go to the "All on my Mac" address book and delete everything, eliminating the duplicates. This needs to be done for every sync. Works in the meantime, but not a solution.
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I just had the same issues.  I don't sync very often, so I had software changes on my iMac as well as the updated BB software.  Had issues with both calendar and contacts.  Created a new calendar "on my Mac" through the File-New Calendar command.  That made all my calendars visible to the BB and I was able to sync the ones I wanted.  Through system preferences, I unclicked Contacts from iCloud and then my contacts showed up just fine (I have a group for BlackBerry that omits contacts I won't need to contact from my phone).  Simple click...then a simple click back.  I'm back in business....after a few minutes of near panic at losing both my calendar AND my contacts!