Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: IDEA

Complaint

I am having trouble using App on bold 9780. App world Icon is not showing on the screen but in properties it is installed. I have restarted the device so many times & reinstalled also but the problem is same. Kindly solve the problem. As I don't know why this happening.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Complaint

Hi siddsonu,

Cause:

BlackBerry App World was updated to 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65 on a BlackBerry 6 smartphone with older BlackBerry Device Software.

Resolution
On BlackBerry 6 OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.55.

1. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3
  3. After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted.
  4. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.

BlackBerry 6 smartphones with an upgrade path to BlackBerry 6.0.0.706 OS or higher should upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Device software available from the wireless service provider in order to resolved multiple issue with BlackBerry Balance.

On BlackBerry 6 OS versions 6.0.0.706 and higher and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the latest version of BlackBerry App World.

You can check the knowledge base articles to know more on the issue -

KB29422 - BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit