Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Completely unresponsive Bold 9700. Help!

I have never had a problem with this device. Suddenly, today, while checking email, the screen on the device when completely white (there was absolutely nothing on ther screen - I've read that the WSOD often has a symbol or something on the screen, this was strictly white)

So, I pulled the battery from the device for a couple of minutes. Upon replacing the battery into the phone, the LED lights up for a couple of minutes and then the screen proceeds with the typical reboot screen... the "blackberry" with the loading bar. Once the bar is full and loaded, the screen goes black and the LED turns off.  From here, the device is completely unresponsive.

What is going on? Is there anything I can do? This device is outside of the warranty period.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Completely unresponsive Bold 9700. Help!

Hi mreynolds01

I would suggest performing a backup of your BlackBerry smartphone then reloading the software as shown in the article below:

KB11320 - How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop M...

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!