Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Compress Outlook address book by company

My new Curve successfully downloaded my Outlook address book.  However, the book contains over 500 entries, and each and every entry is shown when I open the address book application.  With this many entries, it is time consuming to scroll down to names that are towards the middle of the list.  I can use the search function, but that requires too much typing and reading of the tiny keys; very difficult in a dark location.  Is there any way to instead show only the company names?  This would allow me to quickly scroll down to a company, click on the company, and browse a much shorter list of names for that company only.

Please help. 

Thanks,

-Paul

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Compress Outlook address book by company

No, you cant display your address book the way you want. The easiest way to sort the calendar is to simply start typing the contacts name. The list will start to reduce based on what you type. For example if you start to type Robert it will show only people with 'rob' somewhere in their name. As you finish typing 'robert' the list will get smaller and smaller.