Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Computer doesn't recognize BB

My computer suddenly stopped recognizing my 8330 , When I plug it in it doesn't sync , dosen't do anything . I'm running decktop manager 4.6 and my OS is XP . I tried changing the cable but that didn't  do anything .

HELP!!!!!!!!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Computer doesn't recognize BB

At the top of the Desktop Manager  does the status say Disabled or Disconnected?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

It says" Disconnected"
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

See if any of the following helps: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11439
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: 8900

I am having the same problem with my 8900 - it was working fine before but now Desktop Manager has stopped recognizing it. I have connected it directly to the computer - not through a hub, The status on Desktop Manager says Disconnected. 

I have tried resetting the phone but it still is not picked up by the software.

I have tried restarting the computer but that doesn't work either 

The funny thing is that it charges just fine when attached with the USB so there is some communication happening between it and the computer.

Helllp please someone 

Visitor

I too am having a connection problem with my 8330. Yesterday the computer wouldn't connect to the phone although it would charge it, and still does charge now.  Today none of the buttons on the phone including the trackball will not respond.  I have taken the phone apart and still no luck.

Was wanting to do a backup before I did a hard reset but it will not connect to any of my 3 computers I have the bb software installed to.  The phone is on and can receive messages and e-mails, but I can't look at them.

Any suggestions?   The only thing different I have done was try to install a media card and the phone was telling me it wasn't formatted.  Trying to format it would lock up the phone.

Highlighted
Visitor

[ Edited ]
i'm having the same problem as Paula-Anne... but with my Pearl Flip 8220. it had been working perfectly fine then all of a sudden when connected it will charge but do nothing else. the computer will either not recognize it at all and act as though nothing has been connected, show me an error message (USB Device Not Recognized), or will freeze the computer until i unplug the phone. but the phone will still charge. i have tried a different computer (desktop, laptop), different usb port (front, back, hub, no hub), different data wire (three different ones), different DM versions (4.6 and 5.0) but nothing seems to work. i have pulled the battery multiple times, even tried plugging it in with no battery, still same results. i've googled and googled but no one seems to have a working answer...