Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Concerning Possible Fraudulant Applications

Dear  BlackBerry Community Forum

I am concern with the possibility when one or two of our developers, act in a fraudulent way, or it feels like their is no concern for it's clients/customers, particularly when amonst the application owners, that their websites webpages, have premium ways our clients/customers will be making payments to the use of their applications, unknowingly to our appworld, presumably.

While using BlackBerry AppWorld signiture stamp of authority and trust.

My fear is if a developer for such assoications have found a way into BlackBerry AppWorld and to use our platform.

The reason this has come to my attention is due to an application I am using to comfirm if my study work is unique.

While the application does not recognise I have a valid email address, it's website does and though I write to them concerning this problem through their address given on the application, that there may be a problem with their server where the application invalids my email account or does not recognise my password, on their website page, there is no access to contact the owner to this application.

Recognising this has alarmed me when finding a webpage of theirs, has an array of ways to make payments but there is still no contact address.

This I find distressing and I believe this would be the best place to vent my views.

I would be welcome if anyone could help me or can add to this view concerning the proof of my statement and if you wish, reply to me here in the open or send/request we correspond in private.

Yours sincerely

jtv

JTValerie
Super Contributor

Re: Concerning Possible Fraudulant Applications

I am presuming this subject may be beyond my depth and considering I have not had any replies concerning this for the help for the application, I will add my statenent I wrote concerning the particular owners of the app and include a pic of the said app.

I got this application because the view it gave me was, it would help me authenticate my uni studies work.

The application does work, though my intention was to recieve a greater respose from the application by creating an account.

I am not at all happy that I have have had no reply, not even an automated one to say that they would get back to me because of the amount of post to contend with.

I am surprised this application has been authorised by our beloved BlackBerry App World with BlackBerry stamp thereon.

IMG_20140518_165025.png

Posted: 13/05/2014 13:24:44 London GMT UK

Dear Plagiarisma 

My name is Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, I have just registered an account with you using my phone browser.

I tried to create an account via your phone application on my BlackBerry Z10 but your server would not recognise my email address and deemed it invalid, which is what led me to opening your website page via your application and hence was able to create my account with you.

Your server has recognised my email address and sent me your approval and I am now writing you via my PC.

The reason I am now writing to you here, is because, your application now recognises my email address, but now telling me that I am now putting in the wrong password.

I believe you do know which password you sent to me by your replied email on my registration, could you please update your servers that they may sync with each other when it concerns your customers accounts on whatever platforms that you use, it is for my studies which I will often be checking for at least the next 3-4 years.

I look forward to hear from you.

Yours sincerely
JT Valerie

JTValerie
Super Contributor

Dear Community

I have now had a reply from the owner of this application and would like to apologise if anyone feels that I have been sounding offensive, to all creators of our applications and particularly, the one I have featured here.

The owner/owners replied to me on the 18/05/2014 expressing that there is an authorization bug which is causing the problem.

I have invited them, if they so wish to reply to this post, so I can make this personal apology.

I would urge that app developers, do correspond with your customers , at the first possible chance.

Yours sincerely

jtv

JTValerie
Super Contributor

Isn't it a pity I can't edit or delete parts of my post,  like the last reply before this one, I sent to myself again.

I thought that the owners of Plagiarism Checker were corresponding with me, but they have choose to discontinue their help feature they actually started, when they knew my statement had changed.

I still cannot login on the phone app; and though I can login on my PC browser, why would I want to pay for items from the browser, when something is obviously not working on their server.

It could be possible they were not allowed to claim the place of an official over examination and assessments work of students and teachers, and they don't want their clients to know; hence, no correspondance. 

JTValerie
Highlighted
Super Contributor

If you look  at the image I sent, there has not been another review placed about them other than me.

JTValerie