Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2836) (Model: STA100-5)

Configure synchronization for primary and secondary collection of contacts in Outlook 2010

Currently at this moment the BlackBerry Desktop Software ver. "710_b035_multilanguage_12-12-2012" is either not install all features of the PIM synchronization screens.

I'll just focus on my contacts. I use Outlook 2010 and a BlackBerry Torch 9810 with the current OS installed.  I know at one time BlackBerry Desktop Software allows me to tell it what folders I wanted to have synced from my Outlook. I have installed the BBDS software 3 different times using:

1. Windows "Programs and Feature"
  2. REVO Uninstaller,
  3. REVO Uninstaller for a 2nd time

Each time that I have unistalled the application I had not problems and on the 2nd uninstall I decided to DELETED all saved user folders, thru the uninstall program. Well that did not help either. Do I installed BBDS again and I was still not able to get a list of folders in Outlook via the BBDS sync section.  So on the 3rd uninstall, I also deleted all the "user folders" and went one step further. I found ALL of the other "RIM", "Research In Motion" on my C drive (running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2). I was able to delete additional 350MB of files that where left behind each time.

So I'm still stuck with the BBDS not giving me the feature during the setup of the sync with my Outlook 2010 for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes. I have my personal side and business side with all having "contacts, calendar, tasks and notes".

Has something changed in the BlackBerry Desktop Software (BBDS) sync app that no longer allows you to select the folders you want to syncs with Outlook2010.  This was working 1 or 2 versions ago of the BBDS sync section.

I would really, really like to get this working. If you any ideas that you could point me in the direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AW

~~
AWilson
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Configure synchronization for primary and secondary collection of contacts in Outlook 2010

Hi stimpyaw,

Could you provide a bit more detail please so I can better assist you? Are you using Microsoft Exchange or syncing with a local folder on your computer? Also, are these contact folders shared?

Can you also please tell me what you see listed in BlackBerry Desktop Software > Organizer > Advanced > Folders tab? This KB article more information. "How to synchronize different Outlook folders and data files in BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/YdinNf

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Re: Configure synchronization for primary and secondary collection of contacts in Outlook 2010

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using a ".pst" file on my local computer. My phone is a personal phone and it has never been connected to Microsoft Exchange.  No my contact folders in Outlook are not shared.  I have two contact folders in Outlook that are synced with my phone.

Your question .... "...what you see listed in BlackBerry Desktop Software > Organizer > Advanced > Folders tab?":

When I get to the "Advanced Contact Settings" window there should be 3 tabs, "Filters | Fields | Folders"; I only have "Filters | Fields" tabs. Please see screen shot below:

BBDesktopSW_Organizer issue_13y02m25d.jpg

Thank you for the KB article, I have been using a BlackBerry for over 12 years. I reviewed the KB article and I setup my BB Desktop Sftw how it is suggestted in the article.

I remember that the "folders" tab was there before the software was updated to its current version.  I haven't tried to install the older version of the BB DS yet, hopping that there is a fix. If I have to move back to an older version that isn't a problem.

Thanks,

Anthony

~~
AWilson
Regular Contributor

Hello Frankie,
If you have a moment could you please review my replay?
Thanks,
Anthony

~~
AWilson
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey stimpyaw,

It sounds like the BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to communicate with your selected Microsoft Outlook profile. Are you able to test by creating a new Microsoft Outlook Profile and configuring the BlackBerry Desktop Software to synchronize with it?

Let me know the results.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!