Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9810 Torch, 9900 Bold

Configuring ALIAS address as FROM address in mail

[ Edited ]

I am attempting to help a co-worker set up her NEW email account on her Bold.  Her previous *freeebie* account has been hacked three times and she wants to avoid this in the future.  First, I set her up a new account on a paid mail server.

account login: szwkliogmetruyiuklyfvufgk @ [mailservice] . com

Unfortunately I cannot seem to configure the BB to use the ALIAS address REAL.NAME @ [mailservice] . com as the sending address.  She NEVER plans to use the original login 'alphabet soup' address for any correspondence so that no one can ever know her true account login address to attempt to hack it again.  It will never be exposed in any way, by design.

She has an option of up to 50 alias accounts and wants to use the one now set up with her REAL.NAME @ as her business address.  I have tried everything I can find to get the BB mail app to use the alias address as the sent FROM address to no avail.

MS OUTLOOK®  (ughhh, outhouse = full of S#!T!) on her desktop fortunately does this very easily in the options settings.  BB seems to not have this option available, or at least it is not very intuitive to find it!

HELP!!  This has to be made to work!!  I plan to use the same setup on my new Z10 if it can be made to work!  I can't believe this common defense strategy to protect an e-mail account is not supported on a device that claims to be THE business device of choice!

Spike out.....

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Configuring ALIAS address as FROM address in mail

Hello 10ekips

Thank you for your question. 

Unfortunately there is no supported way to setup an alias email account. The only option (if available for her) would be to change the reply to address to one of her alias email addresses. Have a look at the below link to see how to setup the reply to address. 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/49306/BlackBerry_Internet_Service_4.3.1_...

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!