Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Confused about Paypal??

I have succesfully downloaded App World and have a Paypal account. I thought I was all set but when I tried to Download an App I got an error message saying my account does not have a credit card. Now I did not set up a credit card on my paypal account but I should be able to pay directly from my bank account using Paypal,right?? Does App World require me to have a credit card?
New Developer
My Device: iPhone 3G

Re: Confused about Paypal??

[ Edited ]

robo88 wrote:
I have succesfully downloaded App World and have a Paypal account. I thought I was all set but when I tried to Download an App I got an error message saying my account does not have a credit card. Now I did not set up a credit card on my paypal account but I should be able to pay directly from my bank account using Paypal,right?? Does App World require me to have a credit card?

For App World to work, it needs to be able to connect to a valid paypal account that has a credit card attached to it in order to collect payment. So to answer your question directly, App World itself does not require the credit card.

I could be wrong but I don't think Paypal can withdrawl money from an account that is not a credit card.

Message Edited by Ateo on 04-24-2009 11:15 AM
Oh. I can't SSH into Blackberry devices? CYA!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I have the SAME problem. I try to buy apps and the Paypal login says my info is incorrect. I have had a Paypal account for some time now, so I know the login info is correct. Mine is also linked to a checking account and I have had no problems with any other vendor using Paypal (eBay, Amazon, various online retailers). I have a Storm 9530. I don't know what the problem is either. I even went to Paypal on my BB and logged in with no problem. Paypal doesn't need a credit card to work, it can be linked to a checking account also, so maybe its the BB App World with the problem. Any answers, anybody? Would gladly appreciate any sort of feedback.

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

robo88 and keonyana : in which country is your Paypal account registered to?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Registered in United States

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am registered in Canada