Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Rogers

Confused with phone memory

1. I have no pictures and videos (other than samples), no apps (other than appworld and bbm), and absolutely no music installed on my blackberry bold 9700. However, its telling me that I have only 123.5 MB of free memory. But when I went to go check online to see how much memory the phone comes with it says 253 MB (or around that number)...is 123.9 MB normal or is something wrong with my phone?

*I had to wipe the apps off my phone to see if it helped - it only went from 122 MB - 123.9 MB

So what is the normal MB number on a regular Blackbery Bold 9700??

2. Also, I downloaded an app that was around 707 KB and decided to archive it, but I think it just took up more memory on my phone. Where do Archived apps go (I thought they went on my micro SD card, but the memory on my card was unaffected)??

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Re: Confused with phone memory

You are lucky to get it 122 I get it 30 mb Smiley Wink I will explain why now, you can't use all the 256 because the software(os) is installed on some of them and usually the software will take from 150 mb to 190 mb to run with complete performance so don't worry that's normal
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a question.  Are we able to use any of the memory on the SD card for apps, downloads, etc. (besides music and pictures) after the memory is full on the phone? Or do we have to clear out things off the phone to make room?  Im thinking that the SD card is strictly for music, pics, and vids.  Hopefully Im wrong, cause it would be great if the SC storage can go to apps and other misc downloads from the phone.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

you're device memory will store contacts, sms, calendar entries, installed apps, and other things that are phone related.

and ur sd card is capable of storing music, video, bbm logs, app downloads, other various downloads, documents etc.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ok awesome!  So when the mem is full on the phone, it will automatically convert over to the SD card?