Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone India
Accepted Solution

Connect simulator to internet

Good day to all

Is there any way to connect Simulator to internet via Desktop internet.

I am using BB JDE V 4.5, in which I have 81  and 83 series Simulators.

I simply want to check my code wheather its working properly or not.  Through my code I want to connect with a particular site.

Waiting for reply....

Thanx

Thakur

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Connect simulator to internet

[ Edited ]

Download and run MDS Simulator to get internet available for device simulator

Go to here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

Download "Blackberry Email and MDS simulators package"

It can be downloaded separately. And also it is included in JDE 4.0.2

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 07-01-2009 09:28 AM
My Device: 5800
My Carrier: Nova

The MDS Simulator does not work, and it is not obvious to most people how to use it. There is no obvious program file to execute, only bat files. I clicked on start.bat and thought it would be it, but the BB simulator is not connecting to the Internet, not even my localhost.

Why isn't it default for all BlackBerry simulators that the Wi-fi connects to the network that the computer is using? Ore at lest make it easier to connect them to the localhost.
My Device: HTC Desire HD
My Carrier: Orange

Did you get this fixed in the end?

I would have thought that it was the first thing you did with the simulator on starting it, but let's face it the actual Blackberry, in my experience, is not that good at connecting to the internet either so I guess the simulator is true to form :-)

I had one to do device testing on once and it couldn't even connect to a wireless network....

My Device: Emulators
My Carrier: Generic

For anybody who's still struggling with this, here's how I got it to work. Older BB emulators (seems to be BB5) need to have the MDS emulator running before you load the emulator for the model you're testing. I downloaded the MDS emulator from the link provided in an earlier post, used the All Programs menu to start it, and then loaded the device emulator I wanted to run. Doing it in that order seemed to be the answer. It allowed the emulator to connect to the Internet. It was slow, but it worked. Later BB emulators seem to have the function built in, so you don't need the MDS software. Worked for me, anyway.

Dan