Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Connect to TV

I wish to connect my BB Curve 9360 to a Sony Bravia TV for viewing videso, pictures and presentations. Can I do it? If so, what type of a cable do I need to have?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Connect to TV

[ Edited ]

Hello

Welcome to the Community

You can use the USB Data Cable that came with the phone to use it as a flash drive. There might be an OS release that adds the feature of DLNA technology which transfers media via wifi. OS7.1.0.428 has it from Telstra AU but its only on few OS 7 models.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I did try the cable that came along with the handset, but the same was not identified by the TV. The OS that is currently d/l on my handset is 7.1.0.336. Any other suggestions. 

Forums Veteran I

When the phone prompted you USB Drive, Sync Media or Charge Only upon plugging the device to your TV, did you choose USB Drive?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor

The handset did not give me any such prompts when I connected it to the Sony Bravia TV.
Forums Veteran I

Please try these steps:

1. Look on the side of the Sony Bravia TV for the single USB connection port. It is marked "USB" under the actual port.
2. Connect the USB cable running from the Blackberry Handset into the television's USB port.
3. Power on the Sony Bravia TV and wait for the screen to load.

4. Press the "Input" button on the Sony's remote control and a list of all the connected inputs appear on the left side of the screen. Scroll down using the direction arrow pad on the remote control and select "USB" In a moment all of the content for the USB device is displayed on the TV screen.

The connection should be detected by the phone unless there is a setting on your TV that doesnt allow media viewing via USB.

Ron