Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Connect to home wireless network???

I'm moderately technically inept and having troubles. I figure this has to do with wi fi?

I have a very large data transfer I'm trying to do and I'd like to connect to my own wireless network off my home/wireless internet. Is this possible??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Connect to home wireless network???

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The answer is -- maybe. It depends on a few factors...

1) What model BB do you have? Not all of them have a WiFi radio.

2) If you have a BB model that includes a WiFi radio, have you made any attempts yet to configure it for your home network? Have you looked up in your manual for the instructions to do so? And, what happened when you tried?

We'll start with those...let us know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I've read/tried everything I can think of. I'm using the 9500 with the upgraded OS. It seems like it should be very simple... (I can hook up my laptop and my PS3 to my home network...)???

any ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please do me a favor. Go back over your two posts on this thread. Read them. Now read them with this in mind -- 100% of the information we have to go on comes from those posts. We make zero assumptions. With that, do you think you've provided enough information for us to help you? You keep saying you've tried everything -- I've no idea what that means. You must enumerate what you've tried already. Where you've looked already. What exactly you see. Details...we need them in order to help us to help you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

enumeration as follows:

1: storm 9530

2: OS version 5, updated

3: Bluetoothsetup: listen - no devices found for pairing

4: Bluetooth setup: search - no devices

5: yes, my linksys adapter is configured to broadcast my network SSID

6: yes, my blackberry was set to be 'discoverable'

7: my carrier is Bell Canada

8: tried setting mobile network to manual, scan for available networks - nope

9: kept mobile network settings on manual, checked preferred network list - not there either

10: in preferred network list, tried manually adding network, only asks for MNC/MCC - no such codes assigned to wireless adapter

11: have done google search

12: have searched this forum

13: have read the user manual

That is all I can do on my own.

I am trying to be informative, but I don't have a clue what more specific details can I provide?

My Device: blackberry storm 9500
My Carrier: 3/o2

Hi I just got a 3 mobile sim for my blackberry storm 9500 and i have been trying to connect to email but it says i have to connect to a wireless network first how do i do that?? Jake