Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 64 gb & 9310 at the moment
My Carrier: Boost

Connect to pc

I have to say, i am truly a fan of all BB. In fact, i would be a spokesperson. In either case, it is driving me nuts that i cannot connect my tablet to my pc. Every time i plug it in, the desktop software says that i need to update my tablet.  As far as i know, my tablet is updated with the latetest version (2.1 bundle 1088).  Can anyone tell me just what the problem is and how to correct it?  I have 64gb.  If there is another way i can get around plugging it to the pc, i really would like to know.  Believe me, i am open to all options.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: GlaDOS

Re: Connect to pc

One of the more drastic options is to do a security wipe of the unit so it gets fully reset.

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

My Device: Playbook 64Gig - Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I would have to say im in the same position but i dont get the software update error.  Really not up to the Reset at the moment since i havent been able to get a recent update done.  I'm guessing it's just to do with the playbook since my BB Bold connects without a problem. 

New Contributor

Well, the security swipe was something that was actually done by my kids trying to break my passcode, lol.  now that I think about it, thats when I first started having the problem.  I was trying to avoid doing it again because of all the data and movies that I can't back-up and restore on the tablet

New Contributor

I truly understand not being up for the reset.  If there was a way to back-up everything before doing it, then I would have no problem.  Hopefully, someone can come up with a way to do this.  Funny, my 9310 is connected without a hitch.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Is the PlayBook set to 'Connect to Windows' in the file sharing options?

Can you connect over wifi and copy your media that way?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I'm not exactly sure of how to set the file sharing to  Connect to Windows.  but, I will try.

New Contributor

I just figured out what you were talking about. It was set on auto detect
New Contributor

Okay, Destop manager is saying that it cannot communicate with the connected device.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I just figured put what the problem was.  On your computer, go to device manager and simply enable "Reserch in motion network device.  OMG, that was too simple.  I hope this corrects your problem, wissh you the best.