Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Connecting 8330 to BES

Hi all,
I'm having an issue syncing my BB 8330 to my companies BES system.  The first time I went through the Setup wizard I successfully connected to the companies BES system.  The 8330 downloaded all of my emails and sync'ed calendar etc... But I have not received any email since that initial sync occurred.  I have setup my person email and that seems to be working fine. 

Our email admin said that he recreated my account and asked me to run through the process again.  However, this time when I run thought the Setup Wizard and get to the end it says:

Enterprise Activation

Desktop Activated on Jul 31, 2008

Activated on jul 31, 2008

I've been told by Sprint that I am provisioned for BES

Any ideas?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Connecting 8330 to BES

If you admin re-created your account, best thing to do is wipe your device. (Personal email will still be connected)

To do this go to Options > Security > General Settings > *menu button * Wipe handheld.

When the device is all fresh again, get your admin to reset your activation password. Normally only last 48 hours.

Get him to set it to something simple like 'a'.

Once done, go to options > Advanced options > enterprise Acvitation. in this section, input you BES email in lower case and the activation password he will set.

Should all be ok from there.

If you still find problems after that, try to send an email to yourself, if you get a red cross, press into it and read the error message. let us know on here what that message says.

Good Luck!Smiley Very Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks bumblepie!  Is there a way to backup my Password keeper? I'm assuming that's going to get blown away too.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Yes using the backup and restore option.

Being a phone you can lose however I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket, ie; trusting valuable info in a blackberry.

Good Luck Mate

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~