Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Connecting WiFi through a guest gateway

[ Edited ]

Blackberry Bold

OS4.6.0.216

Seeing problem in all browsers.

Carrier AT&T

Error is vague, just says "unable to find the requested server"

Yes, this might be a strange question and it might be an overload on security, but let me know if this makes sense.

I have a wireless set up where there is a WEP key and once that is entered in, then an IP address assigned to a mobile device or laptop. Once the IP is issued, then you have to launch a web Browser to put in a guest gateway log in. My issue is, that I can't even get my browser to bring up the web page to log in. I have used AT&T's Media Net, Hotspot Browser and Opera-Mini. I've taken it out of the guest gateway and just used the WEP and that was fine. That's why I know it's because of the guest gateway. I have WiFi at home at it works just fine, but the point is to be as secure as possible.

By default I use the Hotspot Browser.

In the Browser Config: All 5 checkmarks are checked Show Images - WML and HTML

Browser ID - IE

General Properties: Image Quality is at Low Enable Java is checked....

Prompt before: the first box is unchecked, the rest are checked.

WIFI Profile:

Security Type: WEP

WEP KEY: WEP Key #1

Set to Automatically Obtain IP address

..other boxes are not checked.

Service status does say that the WIFI Network is active.

I've also turned off the mobile network to see if I can get WIFI connected, but was not successful.

Please let me know anything else you need...I'll be happy to relay on any information.  

WiFi Diagnostics: Wi-Fi Current Profile: work SSID: wirelessB1N AP MAC Address: 00:1D:7E:0D:41:F8 Security Type: WEP Association: Successful Authentication: Successful Local IP Address: 172.22.251.198 Signal Level: -49 dBm Connection Data Rate: 54 Mbps Status: Network acquired Authentication Failure Reason: Network Type: 802.11b/g Network Channel: 3 Pairwise Cipher: Not Applicable Group Cipher: Not Applicable Gateway Address: 172.22.251.197 DHCP: Successful Primary DNS: 172.22.251.197 Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 DNS suffix: Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.252 Server Domain Suffix: Certificate: Not Applicable Software Token: Not Applicable L3 Auth: VPN Current Profile: Concentrator Address: Contact: N/A Authentication: N/A Secure Device IP: Status: VPN profile is not found. Resolving Concentrator: N/A Concentrator IP: Primary DNS: Secondary DNS: DNS Suffix: Secure Subnet Mask: Retry at: Session Lifetime: Re-login at: Failed Login Attempts: 0 Certificate: Software Token: BlackBerry Infrastructure Address Used: //216.9.242.88:443 IP Used: Connecting: Trying... Authenticating router: N/A Authenticating server: N/A Last Contact At:

Message Edited by nwest33 on 02-13-2009 11:01 AM