Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

Hi, this is my first time posting, I apologize in advance if I sound like a complete **bleep**. I have a blackberry 8520. My wireless router is Dlink and the security level is WPA. I am unsure how to connect my Blackberry to my personal wireless network. I do not have a lot of data available on my phone because I don't want my mom to have to pay more each month(BTW I'm 14 and even though I've had a Blackberry for three yeas I'm not a genius). When I Scan for Networks, my network pops up. When I click it, a message pops up saying," This wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup. To connect using a PIN(which you Blackberry will generate). click next." When I click next it says," Provisioning Wi-Fi Profiles... Enter this PIN into your wireless router:........" and it gives me a time limit. I'm am unsure how to enter this into my router. In addition, is there a way to just manually add the network? If so, for either way, can someone please give me a step by step on what to do.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

Ok. I figured it out and I am connected to my network but, when I go to browser it says,"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later." What do I do?

My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: 441482803767

Re: Connecting to a WPA2 -Personal network.

hi, i got told yesterday that because i am on pay as i go i can only get internet access if i pay the extra £5.00 a month for the bbm, if i was on contract it wouldn't be a problem.