Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&T

Connecting to computer

I am running Win7 64 on desktop, I'ver downlaod and made sure running te latest version of blackbeerry desktop manager.

Everytime i plug cable in all it does is makes that windos sound when connect device over and over, and blackberry desktop manager never reconizes my torch.

Neiter does screen on bb pop up screen where shows sync, change only, or usb device.

Troubles started when i first did the bb desktop manager i pluged torch in and it said was software avail. so i clicked to update it, totally locked torch up and had solidwhite screen with 507 error.
I had take phone back to at&t forthem to reinstall os on torch. Now that i have phone back i find At&t store didn't put the default games brickbreaker, word mole,  password keeper, or bb app world back on device. Andwhen try talking with anyone at At&t its more less like talking to a wall they just give to a blank stare and shrug and say they have no idea download bb desktop manager cause store doesn't have a computer with it on it. WTF a AT&T that doesn't even have software needed to help customer NICE, not to mention staffed by people who have no idea what i'm even talking about simple things.

Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Connecting to computer

When you plug in your Torch via your USB does Windows install the device? You need to make sure that the device is installed on your computer before you can use the DM...sometimes a little icon will appear in the bottom right hand corner of the Windows screen otherwise known as your tool bar, it should show your device is installing, if it's not and you see a device install icon click on it and see if it will let you choose install the device.

Or go to your control panel and install new hardware

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Hiya!

Well this wouldnt really be an AT&T issue. As this has nothing to do with the wireless network. But that aside. Sounds like your device drivers arent up to date. Go here and download the appropriate USB and Modem Drivers. See if that helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&T

Well, i tried downloading the drivers you suggested did it and didn't help any. Now just updated today the blackberry desktop manager and nothing.

Heres what its doing now.

If i just connect my torch to computer,makes standard windows sound when hook a device up and   windows pops up boxing saying device driver has been installed (has green check mark) the phone reboots.

If i start blackberry desktop manager up then hook device up, makes standard windows sound again, but windows pops up box saying device driver not installed.

Any ideas?