Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Connection problem

Guysss!! I really2 need your help! I just changed my blackberry a month ago into this 9800, and now i have a serious problem

After I connect my BB with my home wifi, I cant get any blackberry services anymore from my provider. Thats mean i cant receive any email, facebook, and blackberry massanger anymore. How can i solve this? Please help meee

Thanks you so much

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

Re: Connection problem

call your carrier and make sure your BIS data plan is active...

if wi fi is connected the device automatically chooses to use its connection ..BUT a BIS data plan has to be activated first.

hope that helps.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Connection problem

If you have BIS plan and have the original .141 OS that came with the phone, then simply upgrade your OS to .246 version of the OS. Back up everything before proceeding. This should resolve your data issue. This is a known RIM issueof the original OS.