Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: storm2 9550
My Carrier: verizon wireless

Re: Connection to Car Stereo - BLUETOOTH?

I added a bluetooth add on to my Alpine car deck. Now I have handsfree phone and all the music from my media files or any satelite music apps i've downloadedSmiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: storm2 9550
My Carrier: verizon wireless

My Alpine is set up like that also but it did not work connecting my storm via the micro cable to it via usb connector. The storm did not know how to react, tried my friends storm with no results either. I'm assuming even though it has a usb connection to the stereo it's backwards compatible so it's not the same as connecting to a computer via the usb/micro cable, just a guess though.

As recommended before an fm transmitter worked just fine for me plugging it into the headphone jack, But now I'm completely wireless through my car stereo via bluetooth, the quality of sound is better and NO wires.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a Titan and it has a aux connection to the radio that is the same as the earplug connection on my storm.

Whent to Radio Shack and bought a wire with the same connection on both ends. Works perfect...... $4.00

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hey how did you do that?  I am trying to play pandora through my stereo.  I have it connected to make phone calls but no matter what I do can't get the music to play through.  ?????

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't know about the bluetooth connection.

Do you have an "Aux in" in your stereo?

If so, you just need a simple male to male plug, connecting the phone (earphone hole) to the stereo. 

Love it with Pandora!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

jbtolomeo wrote:

Hey how did you do that?  I am trying to play pandora through my stereo.  I have it connected to make phone calls but no matter what I do can't get the music to play through.  ?????

My '06 Jetta doesn't have Bluetooth, so I just got a Griffin FM Transmitter and connect the 3.5mm plug into the headphone jack on my Storm.  It works great. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

stolen blackberry bold

[ Edited ]