10-21-2012 08:24 PM
I've recently upgraded my business partners' outlook from 2007 to 2010. In doing so we've had a corrupt profile which we have had to delete and then replace with a new one. In doing so his outlook started working again but now his blackberry isn't synching the calendar entries.
Here's the basics:
- Bberry model - Bold 9790
- Bberry operating system - Blackberry's latest (7.1 I think)
- Blackberry desktop software 6.1 - this is intentional as we have found in the newer version of hte desktop software that we cannot map our teamsite calendar from outlook and sync the entries
- Outlook version 2010
- Calendars we are trying to sync are a personal one from a pst folder and a teamsite one from sharepoint linked to our microsoft exchange set up.
The error we are getting is a 'connector specific error'
I have worked with him to create the PTtrace.log and tif.log files. I've gotten reams of pages; but the errors on todays date (when the problem began) have come up with error 4238, 113, and 12. We have tried un-installing and re-installing 6.1 as well and no luck. We have re-set the configuration setup and re-mapped folders; chosen the new outlook profile, etc and still keep getting same error.
I'm now starting to think that there is a problem with the mapi profile as a start and wonder if outlook needs to repair itself or whether we are getting the error because of a duplicate entry somewhere (though if you asked me to tell you where from the logs I couldn't identify it).
I'm litterally tearing my hair out because my poor business partner lives and dies by his blackberry. Really want to try to get this resolved; but need some help and suggestions as I've tried most of the main causes and fixes.
Any assistance would really be appreciated so I can put him and myself out of our misery.
Thanks in advance.
11-16-2012 07:33 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have this resolved, but just in case!
Thank you for the thorough report...that helps tremendously. Sadly, though, none of the errors you listed reveal anything useful when I search the public KBs...perhaps you will be more lucky
Even though it sounds like you may have done all or part of this, I encourage you to research the process in this thread:
It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.
Your suspicion about the MAPI Profile may well be warranted, in which case this KB might be useful.
Good luck and let us know!