Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Optus

Constantly switching between headset and handset

Ok, I am new to the blackberry world and loving it. I purchased a BB curve 8520 about 2 months ago and at first it worked perfectly. However, in the last week or so it has been unusable as a phone. When I dial out, the phone constantly switches between headset and handset when is no headset plugged in. I have reset the phone and that hasn't made a difference. Any help is appreciated!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Constantly switching between headset and handset

This is likely a problem with the headset jack.  I would try inserting and removing the headset jack multiple times to see if you can free it up.  If that doesn't work then use some canned air to blow it out.  If that still doesn't work then you will need to contact your carrier and get the device replaced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Constantly switching between headset and handset

Unfortunately Blackberry devices do not have a dust plug.  Many people carry their BB in a pocket or handbag and debris gets in the jack and it causes an intermittent fault.  I "stole" the plug from my old LG Dare.

I have in the past gently tapped debris out of the jack.  John's suggestion of canned air is a good one.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!