Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Contact Names Not Showing When Receiving Call or SMS depending on how the number is saved

Hi,

I recently moved over to another service provider and now im having the following issue (i didnt have this issue on my other SIM card from the other network):

When i receive calls, instead of the contact's name appearing as it would normally, the number appears instead.  I eventually troubleshooted this issue by changing the way i save the number so i now dont save it in the international format i.e. +27839990000 but rather save it as 0839990000.  This fixed the problem so i now see the contact's name when they call me but it has now created another problem:

When i now receive txt msgs the name doesnt come up but rather their number.  Incidentally the number comes up as the international format.

Ideally; id like my numbers saved in international format as when i travel abroad for business im going to have to change the format each time i dial a number.

As i said; this wasnt an issue with my previous provider.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks...

Wayne

Contributor
My Device: 9530 storm 2
My Carrier: rim

Re: Contact Names Not Showing When Receiving Call or SMS depending on how the number is saved

I have a similar problem on my Q10 and I now wonder if I made a right decision buying this phone. I really want a solution to this issue.
Contributor
My Device: 9530 storm 2
My Carrier: rim

Re: Contact Names Not Showing When Receiving Call or SMS depending on how the number is saved

I think the problem is from the service provider. I called the customer care unit of my provider and the issue was resolved. You may like this post if this solves your query too.