Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contact Questions

I have my contacts set up in differeny Folders.  EXP: Business, Family, Stained Glass etc.  How can I do the same thing on my BB?  I have noticed that only the main contact sync over.  I have to move a contact over to the main contacts and hot sync.  But unfortunately I have lost some contacts and have to recreate them.  Does anybody out there know how to get this to work?

Thanks for any help!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Contact Questions

[ Edited ]

In BlackBerry you can have two categoried or address book entry business or personal. You're right Deshtop Manager can sync only the main contact folder not others. You need to move all of your folders to the main contact folder. After doing so follow the below steps -

You can sync your BlackBerry as mentioned below -

1. Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
  2. From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
  3. Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
  4. Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
  5. Highlight the application name and click next button
  6. Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
  7. Check the radio button with Two way sync 

Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5

Synchronize addressbook -

Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.

Message Edited by tanzim on 08-31-2008 11:59 PM

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit