Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Contact Sync Bug

I am running version 4.7.0.75 and syncing with my macbook using the Mark/Space software, and I seem to have found a serious error in the Blackberry OS. My phone has been dropping contacts and seemingly the ones I use most, and when I enter a new contact it automatically duplicates it many many times. If I overwrite the contacts from my computer it does not take but neither does it throw an error. Yesterday I reset all my computer sync information and completed a soft restart on the blackberry. When it restarted it showed me this error "Java.lang.NullPointer Exception" any ideas? Would a software update correct this? It seems I can't use any "leaked" OS since I am running a mac. 
New Contributor

Re: Contact Sync Bug

Ah- hello anyone out there. At least tell me "never heard of it your on your own" Anything? 
Contributor

I have the same problem with the PocketMac. It doesn't have a preference for the most used contacts, but it is dropping the same contacts...  
New Contributor

I found a solution on my own. It's kind of frustrating the lack of communication and support from both BlackBerry and Verizon on this issue. I am quite frankly suprised at the non-response of this (these since I was moved with no explanation) forum. Perhaps I don't know the secret handshake. 

Anyway, being a decent man and thinking that others may be having the same problem, I thought I would post my solution.

The Verizon store wanted me to erase my phone and start over and I refused to accept that, so...

I had to find a PC running windows and internet explorer and downgrade my software to the previous version 4.7.65, then re-sync using the Mark/Space software, overwriting my contacts. Now my next move is to upgrade back to 4.7.75 and see how it goes. But for now I am happy to have my phone back and functioning correctly.

Jon 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

I've had no luck using PocketMac Sync with a BB 8900 and MacBook Pro. I'm going to keep scouring the message boards until I find some way to get it done.  John
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8310

I am having this same problem.  I have been using Missing Sync, and in the past week both my calendar & my address book have become hosed.  The address book is apparently corrupt.

I've been trying to restore my info from a backup I did on our PC laptop, but it won't restore the address book; can't even see it on the device when I go into the Advanced restore window, and it's greyed out on the desktop database list.

I am new at this whole BlackBerry thing.  What is the version of the software you're referring to?   If I go into Options/About, I see that I have BlackBerry 8310 smartphone (EDGE) v4.5.0.110 (Platform 2.7.0.90). 

If anyone can tell me how to reset the address book w/out wiping my BB, I'd really appreciate.

Julie