Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Telus

Contact Sync between desktop & Curve 9320

I am looking for a way/application to enter contacts on my desktop and have them sync to my Blackberry.  Ideally I would like a way to sync my Blackberry contacts with my contacts from my Iphone but I'm not sure that is possible.

To give an exact description....

I have 117 Client Contacts on my personal Iphone & Icloud in a group titled 'Work'.  Theses are phone contacts not in an email program.  I maintain these contacts from my laptop and sync every morning.  My company has now provided me with a Blackberry Curve 9320.  I need these contacts transferred to my Blackberry.  I would prefer just to sync from my Icloud but can't figure it out.  If this is not possible, is there a way to manage my contacts manually on my desktop and sync to the Blackberry using RIM applications/software.  The only option in the organizer sync from Blackberry Desktop software is 'Windows Contacts'

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contact Sync between desktop & Curve 9320

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The simplest would be for your company to implement BES (either full BES or even perhaps the free BES-X), which would enable full OTA sync between your company messaging service and your BB.

Lacking that, your next option is to look at the capabilities of BIS to sync OTA:

• KB22430 How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

I do not know if it's compatible with the service you are presently using, but the instructions in that KB should help you to figure that out.

Failing that, you can look into migrating to a Desktop PIM that can indeed use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to synchronize your BB via USB:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
  • KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB19148 How to synchronize organizer data in Microsoft Office for Mac between the BlackBerry smartphone and a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software

As a last resort, you could look into exporting your data to a CSV file on your computer, and then importing that into your BB:

• KB11194 How to import contacts from an already created CSV file to the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................